Monday, July 24, 2006

Too hot to handle

Saturday - 4.5 miles easy

Sunday - rest

Monday - 14 miles LSR

Today's run was horrible - probably my worst training run yet. Its unusually hot in the UK just now and me + running + heat just don't seem to mix, as I found out during the Edinburg marathon last month.

The first ten miles were OK today but after that I just wilted under the sun and bailed out 2 miles short of my scheduled distance because I was feeling so bad. It didn't help that I'd forgotten to buy my usual sports drink to carry with me on my long run and I was definitely dehydrated by the end.


Week's review
Tuesday - 7 miles
Wednesday - 11 miles
Thursday - 5.5 miles
Friday - 10 miles
Saturday - 4.5 miles
Sunday - rest
Monday - 14 miles
Total - 52 miles ( a couple short of the schedule but my longest week ever - by 1 mile...)

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

I find that on hot days you can two things: drink a lot, and pour some cold water over yourself. Don't rule out the second option, it can be a real blessing.

Having said that, the temperatures here in Ireland have already dropped to a more acceptable level.

5:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home