Saturday, July 01, 2006

5 more miles

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 44:44

5 slow miles this morning, all on grass. Easy, at least, in relation to the pace. It was already scorching at 7.30 this morning and although I've found a handly mile loop on grass near where I stay it does include about a third of a mile which is a steady incline. So while my pace was deliberately slow, I still ended up sweating more than I normally do. I expect the following is a familiar feeling, but in many ways I find my slow pace (9 min miles) to be harder than my steady/easy pace (8:00/8:30 min miles).

Big day today. Every 2 years for a period of about 2 weeks I live in dread of England progressing and, god help us all, actually winning the Euro Championships or the World Cup. Now, where's my Portgual scarf...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home