Monday, July 17, 2006

That was the week that was

For a variety of reasons, a one-post week:

Monday: 11-a-side football (I'll claim a mile)
Tuesday: 6.5 miles (6 miles@7:34s - hard but enjoyable)
Wednesday: football training (I'll claim a mile)
Thursday: 7 miles easy (circa 9 minute miles)
Friday: 8.5 miles (6@8 mins - legs still tired from Tuesday)
Saturday: 4.5 miles (easy - no watch)
Sunday: 12 miles (very easy - 9:00-9:30s - toiled in the sun)
Total: 40.5 miles (a mile short of the schedule, but I can live with that).


I really enjoyed Tuesday's run - my pace was virtually identical to what I did my 10k in May in, and there was still a bit left in the tank. so that bodes well for the future. But it did take its toll, and my legs have been a little stiff in places all week. I'm sure that's not been helped by the football over the past couple of weeks.

This week things start to pick up and I head back into the 50s.

Its roasting here. I've got a tan without even trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home