Monday, May 15, 2006

Hmmm

Distance: 4.5 miles
Time: 35.15
Route: Arthur A

After my run yesterday I developed an annoying burning sensation on the outside of my right knee - I've never experienced the sensation before but, after a bit of digging about, it does seem similar to iliotibial band syndrome - and by the end of the evening had become something of a concern whever I flexed my leg. The sensation was gone during the day today, returned a little during my run at tea-time, and has disappeared this evening. An injury of this sort just now would be very annoying, but on the other hand I only have a week and a bit to go until my taper. If it doesn't develop into anything serious and I can get through the next couple of weeks and then the marathon, I'll be able to take a couple of week's complete rest to hopefully get rid of any niggles. Anyway, definitely something to keep a close eye on.

Today's run was easy, recovery miles which in general felt OK after yesterday's 20 miles.

Today I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird to my laptop.

2 Comments:

Blogger [rich] said...

It's worth keeping a very close eye on - I ran through my annkle pain and made it loads worse than it would have been.

Hope it all pans out good - like you say not long to go, but it's worth listening to your body.

5:47 pm  
Blogger edinburghrunner said...

I'll play it by ear. If it seems to be getting worse I'll just go for a three week taper instead of two.

10:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home