Sunday, May 14, 2006

20 miles

Distance: 20 miles
Time: 2:58:00

This morning was a 20 mile effort along my usual long run route and is probably my second last long run before the marathon in June. I was feeling pretty good so did 10 miles easy, 5 miles in that grey area between marathon pace and threshold pace, and 5 miles easy to finish. Although I wasn't trying to push it, this run was 4 minutes faster than I've run 20 miles before, and breaking 3 hours for 20 miles in a training run is a nice little confidence booster before the marathon. In fact, I was feeling so good I half wished the marathon had taken place today. The only grip from today occurred in the last half mile - twice in quick succession I got noised up by some local teenagers who though it was funny to walk into my path and to hurl abuse. I should really just ignore this sort of thing, but it is just too tempting to hurl abuse back...

-----------

Over the past week I've been watching Phoenix Nights and Max and Paddy's Road to Nowhere - hilarious...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home