Saturday, May 13, 2006

End of the week

Distance: 4.5 miles
Time: 35:15

Yesterday's run was an easy-ish 4.5 miles to end the week. Not much to report apart from that I felt OK considering that was my 6th consecutive day running including last Sunday's 10k.

Saturday - rest
Sunday - 10k race
Monday - 4.5 miles
Tuesday - 3.5 miles
Wednesday - 9 miles
Thursday - 12 miles
Friday - 4.5 miles
Total - 39.5 miles

There is now 4 weeks to go until the Edinburgh marathon. The basic plan is for two more hard weeks of circa 50 miles which will each include 1 long run of 20 miles and 1 semi-long run which will include a threshold element. The last two weeks will obviously be a taper, and I was thinking of something like 30 miles in the 2nd last week and about 15 miles in the last week. But any comments on tapering would be gratefully received. I had a look at the marathon course map today, and rather amusingly it passes within about 20 feet of my front door.

My Garmin appears to be well and truly screwed. It is, however, still within its warranty period so I'll send it back to the manufacturers and see what happens. I'm even considering buying one of the new 205's and selling on my 201 if it is replaced by Garmin.

1 Comments:

Blogger [rich] said...

Hope you get the garmin sorted - mines been playing up for a while as well :-(

Good luck with the training - not long now :-)

1:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home