Friday, May 12, 2006

Threshold

Distance: 12 miles
Time: 1:37:15


Tonight was my weekly threshold session: 3 miles easy, 6 miles of 5 minute threshold and 1 minute rest, and 3 miles easy. I didn't feel quite as good as I have done previously on this session. I think that is a combination of the weekend 10k, and the fact that my runs since then haven't been done at a completely easy pace. But I still managed to complete the 6 miles of threshold without too much difficulty. I have a slight niggle around my right knee cap - no pain, just a mild burning sensation which comes and goes. I don't generally have problems with my knees but will keep a close eye on this.

Also, my Garmin appears to be having a delayed reaction to being put through the wash. It is sticking in an "on" position and trying to pick up a satellite. I can't switch it off and the buttons aren't working. Not good. And I can't really afford to replace it at the moment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beanie said...

oopsie - it's comforting to read that other people do silly things too like putting expensive equipment through the wash!
They can't fix it for you?

2:57 pm  
Blogger Dallen said...

That's a nice workout.

Too bad about the Garmin. I would cry.

10:38 pm  
Blogger edinburghrunner said...

Just checked when I bought my Garmin and it turns out its still in warranty, so I'll send it back and see what happens...

11:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home