Monday, May 01, 2006

Not long to go

Distance: 4.5 miles
Time: 45:15
Route: Arthur A

My legs are still a little stiff because of my DIY-ing, but they soon loosen up once out running.

Sunday's 10k will be mt first 10k in at least 15 years, which is a little bit scary to think about. My season's target is 50 minutes and I've no doubts I'll beat that. If I had to guess what time I'll actually run, I'm guessing somewhere near 45 minutes and with this race being chipped at least I'll have an official PB.

The 10k route is around the centre of Edinburgh, which I obviously know well, and at circa 4 miles it even takes me up the hill I run every week on my Arthur A route. I suspect this will be where my time is made or broken - if I can keep it steady up the hill without taking the energy out of legs I reckon I'll be on for a decent time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

With you knowing the route so well, I don't think you'll have too many problems pacing yourself properly. Relax and enjoy the occasion.

Good Luck on Sunday

10:48 pm  
Blogger [rich] said...

Hope it goes well :-)

5:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home