Saturday, April 08, 2006

Up the hill again

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 35:45
Route: Arthur B

I've settled back into my routine of running the Arthur B route, with its ugly hill, on a Saturday morning. The route works out roughly as 3/4 mile flat, 1 mile up hill, 1/2 mile flat at the top, 1 mile down the other side, 3/4 flat back home. In the past couple of weeks I've noticed that while its still not an enjoyable task getting to the top of the hill, my legs don't feel fatigued at all on the flat section at the top, whereas a month or two ago they definitely did.

Most of my standard runs have been done at a slowish pace of late so that I don't overtrain or injure myself when doing my two weekly quality sessions. However, I am itching to have a hard run at each and might do one a week over the next month just to see what progress has been made - they're 4 (Arthur B), 4.5 (Arthur A) and 6 (Portobello) miles respectively so its not as though I'll be trying to run harder at silly distances.

Tomorrow will be the same 20 mile route as last Sunday all things being well. Last week I ran for three hours without mustic - not sure if I'll manage that again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home