Saturday, January 14, 2006

'Arthur B'

Route - Arthur B

This is another of my editable posts which I will use to summarise my standard training runs.

This time its 'Arthur B', which, unsurprisingly, is a close relation to 'Arthur A'. Its a run a touch over 4 miles (depends what mood my Garmin's in) from my flat, following the road round the back of Arthur's Seat and then home again.

As I've said before, Arthur's Seat is a large lump of rock (the remnants of a volcano) situated in the middle of Holyrood Park. It is a stones throw from the foot of the Royal Mile and the new Scottish Parliament. Its a popular running and walking destination and its pretty rare to run in the area without passing someone else doing the same thing. It also happens to be only a couple of minutes away from where I live which makes it a very handy resource for me.

The main feature of 'Arthur A' is the stinking incline in the first couple of miles - there's a screen grab below of the elevation data downloaded from my Garmin.



The streetmap image of the route is below:



Times for 'Arthur B'

  • 14 January 2006 (33:50)
  • 21 January 2006 (35:10)
  • 28 January 2006 (36:20)
  • 9 March 2006 (33:51)
  • 1 April 2006 (36:00)
  • 8 April 2006 (35:45)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home