Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Windy

Distance - 6.5m
Time - 57 mins


Today I ran one of my normal routes which is somewhere between 6 and 6.5 miles. It was really windy again in Edinburgh, and unfortunately I had to run into the wind in the uphill section of the route. However, I felt pretty good tonight and put in a short tempo spurt when I caught up with some runners in the Meadows (basically a park in Edinburgh which is popular with runners) - I was in one of those moods to overtake people if I saw them in front of me. With the wind behind on the way home I cruised back very comfortably and ended up running this route faster than I have done before.

Yesterday was a day of rest because I felt a few twinges in my left shin again. I have had some mild twinges again today, although I felt nothing at all when I was running, even in the first couple of minutes. I'll be keeping a close watch on this and will make sure I take at least 2 full rest days per week until I am confident it isn't going to develop into anything more serious.

Tomorrow is quality session 2 of week 8 of the JD training plan. It is exactly the same as quality session 2 from a week ago - 4 minute hard intervals with 3 minute recoveries, to total 10k.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home