Saturday, February 11, 2006

Cold, wet and windy

Distance: 4.5m
Time: 36:23
Route: Arthur A

Not a very nice day in Edinburgh today - literally very cold, wet and windy. I don't mind the cold and the wet on their own, or even together - but when you mix in a bit of wind it just makes for an awful day.

Today's run was round Arthur A. My shin wasn't bad, but there were a couple of noticeable twinges. I ran this route with my wristwatch but without looking at it as I went along. I was feeling quite comfortable and felt able to 'stretch' my legs without ever getting out of the comfortable zone, which is probably about the first time I've felt able to do that this year. But I was still a bit surprised to find that I ran Arthur A today faster than I have done before - there was certainly an awful lot more in the tank.

Tomorrow is quality session 1 of week 8 of the JD marathon training schedule. It will be roughly 10 miles, broken down into 3 miles easy, 4 miles threshold, and 3 miles easy. This equates to roughly the times set out in JD's book, and allows me to follow my usual long-run route.

My mood hasn't been good with having both my computers die on me in the last couple of days, and it wasn't helped by motorists and pedestrians in Edinburg today. On my way to the supermarket today someone pulled right out in front of my car (they refused to acknowledge that the road has been changed to give the right of way at a junction to people appraoching the supermarket. It used to be a right of way for people leaving and, ok, people's habits die hard, but the road markings are very clear) and would have cleaned my out had I not seen it coming. Anyway, the young lady in the car gave me a very unlady like v-sign after I tooted my horn and kindly pointed her to the road markings so that she wouldn't make the same mistake again. I was going to rant about pedestrians not being unwilling to budge an inch on the pavements, but that complaint is just a tired record...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home