Sunday, February 05, 2006

16 miles

Distance - 16 miles
Time - 2:34

Yesterday I increased my longest ever slow run to 16 miles. It generally felt OK apart from the last couple of miles where some muscles started to tighten up a little. This is the furthest I plan to run for a little while - most of the literature suggests that two and a half hours on your feet is enough to gain the benefits of distance running, and I would hope that in a month or so I'll be able to run a mile or two extra comfortably in the same time.

My mileage target for this week is mid-30s. Between my long run (quality session one) and my second 'quality' run following the Jack Daniel's programme - a 10k combining hard running intervals with easy recovery periods - I have about 15 miles to make up through easy runs. Today is a rest day, which I'm gald of since I've had a couple of twinges in my shin.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dallen said...

Nice job on getting your long runs up to 16 miles. 2 1/2 hours is a long time to be running.

12:11 am  
Blogger buryblue said...

Thats excellent you obviously have the stamina and determination to complete your marathons if as you say the body is willing!

8:53 pm  
Blogger edinburghrunner said...

Running for that length of time is strange - looking back later in the day it almost feels like you've been away on holiday, particularly if you do it early enough in the morning to have a full day of other activities ahead of you.

10:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home