Friday, February 24, 2006

The best laid plans....

Well, completely out of the blue I came down with a pretty revolting stomach bug on Monday evening. I will spare anyone who reads this the detail, but the last few days have been pretty unenjoyable and I've not been able to do much beyond moping around my flat feeling sorry for myself. It has been the first time in my life that I've lost my appetite completely for a period of 24 hours (and it probably ended somewhere nearer 48 hours) and my stomach has still felt a little less than perfect after meals in the last day or so. Needless to say no running has been done at all, and when I do start back it will be gradual. I think probably the worst thing I could after a draining illness combined with a reduced food intake would be to do anything strenuous.

If there's a plus side, I suppose at least my shin has had a rest now!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger [rich] said...

Nightmare! hope you're over it soon - always seems to be the way, get fit - get ill :-/

6:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home