Thursday, February 16, 2006

Annoying pain

Distance: 4.5
Time: 37:15
Route: Arthur A

Dallen is blogging about a sore shin and I am still suffering from the same pain myself. If it doesn't ease off over the next few days I will probably have to take a few days break to see if I can get rid of it. I really don't want to do that as I am enjoying my running and I can feel improvements. But in the grand scheme of things I guess it is better to ensure I don't end up breaking down with a real shin problem.

I may not be about to break any records but I am definitely seeing some improvements following almost two months solid running. My time tonight for the Arthur A route is almost 3 minutes faster than when I ran it at the end of December, and I am sure I could knock another couple of minutes off that just by pushing beyond my current easy/steady pace. I can even see physical changes in my legs compared with where I was a month ago. All of which just makes this shin pain all the more annoying....

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bezner said...

I can relate to your injury! My knee has been giving me problems since running the marathon this Sat. and I haven't run since! I'm not too happy about it, but I'm trying to be patient!

2:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home