Sunday, January 29, 2006

Longest run

Distance: 14 miles
Time: 2:08:12

Today I ran my longest training run ever - 14 miles on my usual out and back long run route. I ran the 14 miles pretty slowly and felt pretty good for most of it. It was only in the last couple of miles (which are essentially on a long, gentle incline) that a few muscles started to tighten up, and this probably wasn't helped by me setting off in the morning without my water bottle and therefore having nothing to drink for the full 2 hours.

Needless to say, tomorrow is a rest day. I think I'll aim for a slow 4.5 on the Arthur A route on Tuesday and my planned hard 6 miler test run on Wednesday on the Portobello route (to compare against the time I ran on that route almost 1 month ago). That would round the running week out at about 34 miles, which is plenty at this stage in proceedings.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beanie said...

Soooooooooooo jealous. I wanna be running around Edinburgh right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your record breaking run!

6:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home