Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Easy run

Distance: 4.5
Time - 38:15
Route - Arthur A

Today I ran Arthur A, one of my staple routes. It was a pretty uneventful run, but what I found interesting was that I ran it very slowly and found it very easy, yet ended up running quicker using much less effort than I did three weeks ago. Either I had a very good day or I am beginning to feel some benefit of getting some miles into my legs. A 6 miler tomorrow gives me 29 miles for the week which I'm pretty happy with at this point.

Confirmation of my entry to the Inverness Half Marathon arrived so at least I know I am safely entered to that run. I'm number 1292 out of a max of 1500. This year they're using timing chips, and its on a certified course, so I'll have a proper 1/2 PB before too long. March will be an interesting month, with 1 10K and 2 1/2 marathons planned - I'll have had two and a bit solid (hopefully) months training done by then so I'll be interested to see how the time work out.

On January 3rd I ran a hard 10k along my Portobello route to set a test time to guage progress against. I reckon the beginning of February, roughly one month after I ran it last time, would be a good time to repeat the test.

1 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Sounds like you're improving and it probably has something to do with running consistently and increasing distances.

Keep up the good work - March is going to be a busy month for you by the sounds of it!

4:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home