Monday, January 01, 2007

Windy

Distance: 6.5 miles
Time: 56:56
Pace: 8:45/mile

Its been a wet and windy New Year in Scotland, so much so in fact that many of the Hogmanay celebrations were cancelled: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6221557.stm

So I'll make no apologies for having a bit of a grumble about my run today, half of which was in to the teeth of a gale and driving rain. I've lost one of my gloves too so my poor hands were freezing by the end. Having said that, I felt surprisingly in control throughout the whole run - it was probably the strongest I've felt since starting training again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beanie said...

I spoke to my aunt and uncle there in edinburgh last night and they were moaning about the cancellations. that sux! edinburgh has the best hogmanay celebrations in the world in my opinion.
happy new year.

5:15 am  
Blogger Mike said...

I'm just glad to hear the IT band is starting to behave, weather and all. Have a good '07.

2:19 am  
Blogger Michael said...

Hang in there with the weather; we’ve just been hit again by another Pacific squall (apparently from Hawaii, they can keep it). Happy New Year and all the best with the training.

2:34 am  
Blogger Thomas said...

A belated welcome back to the world of running and blogging. Sorry about the cancelled Hogmanay, that really sucks. As for the weather, it can't go on like that, surely?

4:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home