Sunday, November 12, 2006

Almost there

2 miles today. I experienced a bit of pain in the knee after about 3/4 of a mile, but it went after about a further half mile and I was able to finish the run pain free. There's been a very little tendernish in the knee since the run but nothing particularly painful or worrying. So on that basis, I'm assuming I'm not too far away from being able to get back to training. There's no danger that I'll do too much too soon, as my cardiovascular system has fallen through the floor after 5 weeks of virtual inactivity!

3 Comments:

Blogger [rich] said...

Hope it sorts itself asap - I know how cr*p it is to be laid up with injury :-(

8:23 pm  
Blogger Billy Milton said...

Hi Mate,

Sorry to hear about the muscle injuries. I know exactly what your going through. I'm 49 and ran my first marathon 2 years ago (sub 4hr) but I almost gave up because I kept pulling a muscle, either ham string or groin. It was utterly disheartening and I was about to accept that I was too old. Then a friend introduced me to a natural fruit and vegetable called Juice Plus+ and I've never looked back since. Not a single muscle problem for over a year and feeling healthier than I've ever felt. Take a look at the website if you are interested. Its www.juiceplus.co.uk/+mm026962

I've also started keeping a blog as I progress towards the Stockholm marathon next June. Take a look - maybe we can encourage each other? http://marathontrainingandnutrition.blogspot.com/

8:31 pm  
Blogger Beanie said...

how's it going now?

sorry if you know this already, but have you tried foam roller-ing? i'm using it right now to stave off another bout of ITBS (which I'm extremely prone to getting)

12:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home