Sunday, December 17, 2006

A long way back

I ran 2 miles yesterday at about 8 minute mile place. No reaction from the knee during or after the run, so that is good. But 8 minute miling was unbelievably hard on the cardiovascular system in comparison with how it felt before my injury. I had just got to the point where I was absolutely cruising at that pace, and I think my brain is still in that gear whereas my body is nowhere near it. So I think something closer to 9:00 or above is going to be required as I try to get back into a running routine.

My target for the next week is to do three runs of about 6 miles each, and take stock after that. It seems like an eternity ago that I was comfortably running 6 times a week, with a weekly mileage over 50! But the last thing I want to do is bump up the mileage too quickly, causing a recurrence of the injury and then being out for another couple of months. So slowly does it.

1 Comments:

Blogger [rich] said...

It's grim coming back from and injury - But well done :-)

5:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home