Sunday, December 10, 2006

Starting up again

Over the past few weeks I've done a few short runs of a couple of miles or so. There's been no reaction from my knee so I think its probably safe to start building up the mileage. Also, there's a step in my house which, if I pushed off of it at a certain angle, caused some pain in my knee for about 4 weeks or so after it started playing up, but now that's not happening, even if I try to induce it - so I'm taking that as confirmation that I've mending well.

There weather here's been awful and I've been busy at work, so those factors have helped ensure against rushing back too quickly.

Over the next couple of weeks I'll build up the mileage and the frequency and take it from there. By January I'll hopefully be ready to start on a period of base building.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

It's good to have you back. IT band issues are always a drag, and getting through one really makes a runner appreciate being injury-free.

4:16 pm  
Blogger buryblue said...

good news hope your recovery continues

10:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home