Sunday, February 26, 2006

1 week to go

Distance: 3 miles (treadmill)

I decided that another short session today was smarter than ploughing back into my usual mileage immediately after being ill. My appetite has now fully recovered and I feel pretty good, so I'll get things back to normal running-wise during the next week.

To recap, last week was a disaster because of illness. I managed only 14 miles in total, and that was in one instalment. I also missed out on a quality session of intervals from the JD training plan.

This week, because I'm getting back into things slowly, I will also have to miss out either my long-run or the quality session. With a 10k race next sunday, followed by a 1/m marathon race the following week, a long run in between is looking unlikely so I feel I should probably try to do something long-ish this week. I'll probably aim for 10-12 miles, which really isn't that long, but I don't want to tire myself out too much and I have an 18 miler plan for the week after my half-marathon which would bring me right back on track in the JD marathon training plan.

Predictions for next Saturday - I'm now totally unsure how I'll do after last week's illness. The goal remains simply to break 50 mins for the 10k, and I'm pretty sure that will be achieved. But I expect I'll probably end up closer to 50 mins than to 45 mins. We'll see...

2 Comments:

Blogger [rich] said...

All the best layed plans and all that :-P. I was going to go for a run at lunchtime at work - didn't get out, got to go for a blast tonight! (don't fell like it though, bad night last night), and the drive back home from work is an hour...

Reckon 50mins is a good time for a 10K, i'd be happy with that. Is it a road race or a cross country?

5:42 pm  
Blogger edinburghrunner said...

It is a road race, and hopefully nice and flat - which would make a pleasant change from the routes that I normally run....

12:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home