Sunday, January 07, 2007

More miles

Distance: 6.5 miles
Time: 53:18
Pace: 8:12/mile

The weather has calmed down a bit so I headed out for a pleasant early evening run earlier on today. I deliberately picked up the pace a little just to mix things up after a couple of weeks of very steady running. I didn't push very hard, but still managed to run quite comfortably at close to 8 minute mile-ing, so I'm quite pleased with that. Milage for the week was a grand total of 19 (6.5 + 6 + 6.5). Next week I think I'll add a short fourth day, and the week after that I'll probably turn that 4th day into a semi-long run. If I can get through that I'll probably start relaxing about me knee. My plan is still to embark on a 6 week base-building at the beginning of February.

I decided to take an extra day's rest before today's run. As JoggerBlogger says, what is with running on treadmills giving you sore legs?

2 Comments:

Blogger [rich] said...

:-) when I did my ankle last year I was completely paranoid about it when I started back, so much so I always landed on it going up steps etc... in the end my good ankle started to hurt :-/

Well done on the come back :-)

7:49 pm  
Blogger Michael said...

I’m glad to hear the weather has calmed down for you. That sounds like a good plan, it’s never a good idea to rush back.

Good luck

7:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home