Sunday, January 21, 2007

Bit of pain, but seems OK

Distance: 2 miles
Time: 14:32
Pace: 7:16 per mile

After my run at the end of last week I had a bit of pain in my knee. It was in the same knee as I suffered ITBS recently and I initially thought it was a recurrence of that problem. However, after a bit of prodding I established that the pain was below the knee, right at the top of the calf, rather than above the knee on the outside as previously. Anyway, I took that as my body telling me that I should bring forward my planned cutback week. That, combined with a week working away from home, means I only got back out on Friday. Thankfully the knee felt OK and I did a short, sharp two miles at a fast pace - which felt tough. I'll go for a run this evening and, if there's no reaction to that from the knee, I'll get back into things properly next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger [rich] said...

How's it going... is the knee keeping ok?

7:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home