Sunday, January 14, 2007

I hate the wind

Distance: 6.5 miles
Time: 55:45
Pace: 8:35/mi

The weather's still awful here but I couldn't face another treadmill session so ventured outside. Because it was so gusty I just concentrated on keeping a steady rhythm and didn't pay any attention to the watch.

For the week that gives:

Monday: rest
Tuesday: 4
Wednesday: 6
Thursday: rest
Friday: 6
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 6.5
Total: 22.5

Next week I'll turn the 4 miler into a semi-long run, which should take me to 30-ish miles for the week. The following week I think I'll cut the mileage back a little since I'll have had 4 weeks consecutive increases (albeit very small ones). That'll take me to the beginning of February, and I think I'll begin a period of base training then, starting from 35 miles a week off 5 runs. I'll draw up a provisional training schedule shortly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

The wind will only make you stronger, at least that’s what I tell myself when I head out. Good for you for getting off the dreadmill, it’ll make races under similar conditions seem that much easier. Looks like your running is progressing nicely.

1:28 am  
Blogger Molly said...

boo for the treadmill! bravo though for braving the elements!

2:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home