Sunday, October 15, 2006

Recovery

Still resting my knee. The twinges are now much reduced to the point of being almost gone completely, and over the course of the next week or so I'll venture out for a short run to test it out. I'm no doctor but it seems to me I have a classic case of ITBS. I had a few twinges in the run up to the Edinburgh marathon, but no actual pain. I think it was probably still there in the background, and the many ups and downs of the Loch Ness marathon, especially on tired legs, aggravated it to the extent of causing injury.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Stretching helped for me but rest seems to be the genuine ticket to wellness with ITBS. Good luck coming back strong, ease into it and all that.

1:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had a back injury for nearly 2 weeks and the biggest fault i made was starting my exercises too early again. Doesn't look like i am at 100%, but i think doing some bodybuilding will help. Wish you the best for the future.

Carlos
www.endorphinum.de

10:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home