Sunday, September 17, 2006

10k - 42:35

This morning was the Stirling 10k, which I managed in 42:35 (unofficial). The weather was running-friendly - overcast and a bit damp. The course was virtually flat, making it perfect for a PB effort - although that was balanced by a few narrow sections where overtaking was impossible. I felt fairly good during the race, perhaps setting off a touch too fast, but feeling quite strong at the end - strong enough to outsprint a couple of people who pulled level with a quarter of a mile to go. 42:35 is aPB by 2 and a half minutes from May, so I'm happy with that. After the Loch Ness marathon I'm going to prepare for a half and a 10k in march of next year - hopefully with some 10k specific training, I'll be threatening the 40 minute barrier. Splits below:

1 - 6:48
2 - 6:44
3 - 7:03
4 - 7:02
5 - 6:50
6 - 6:53

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

A couple of PR's in a couple of weeks, and at the right time before the marathon. Well done. I think 40 should be in the cards too on the right day. Good to hear you had a little left at the end too.

1:10 pm  
Blogger Thomas said...

Congratulations, again! For some strange reason I've never run a 10k, but my target time would be pretty much the same time you've just managed.

40 minutes is a big target, though. Good Luck with that.

2:26 pm  
Blogger [rich] said...

Well done - good times again :-) I've just started my first proper training programme after a year of muddling around...

8:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home