Saturday, May 20, 2006

End of the week

Distance: 4.5 miles
Time: 36 minutes
Route: Arthur A

Another run in the wind tonight. I was also feeling a little stiff and tired, and for the first half mile or so had that Thunderbird puppet feeling of the various bits of my body being forced to do something very unnatural. Once I got going things were OK. My knee was also OK, but still not 100%.

Saturday - rest
Sunday - 20 miles
Monday - 4.5 miles
Tuesday - 3.5 miles
Wednesday - 6.5 miles
Thursday - 12 miles
Friday - 4.5 miles
Total: 51 miles

51 miles for the week. Only the third 50 miles week I've done, and only one more to go before the taper.

3 Comments:

Blogger [rich] said...

Well done on the training front :-) the pics look cool to - Think that running down it would be my choice :-P

6:01 pm  
Blogger Mike said...

Good job on the 12 and 20. Those are definitely the most important runs to keep in the schedule. You sound determined to do well, keep it up. You'll be tapering soon and hopefully the knee will come around.

6:53 pm  
Blogger edinburghrunner said...

Thanks guys - I think I can at least feel content that I've put in a reasonable amount of training for this marathon!

5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home