Sunday, May 21, 2006

20 miles

Distance: 20 miles
Time: 2:57

Today was (phew) the final long run before the marathon on 11 June. The weather was cold and wet, but at least it wasn't windy. I carried on with my recent practice of running 10 miles easy, 5 miles steady and 5 miles easy. I don't want to count my chickens too early, but that is the strongest I have felt in the closing stages of my long run, and I'm 99.999% sure there's enough in the tank to deliver a sub-4 hour marathon. How much I can dip below that is another matter of course. My knee had a few twinges again today - again, not so much pain as a strange sensation - but nothing too major given that it had to carry me for 20 miles.....

Some pics below from my long run route:

Portobello promenade, about two miles into my long run route. My route takes me along the coast, which curves around to the left (and beyond the the left-most point of this picture!)


The picture below is about 6 miles into my route with my eventual destination of the local power station just visible in the top left.



The picture below is taken at almost the same point from the picture above, but facing in the opposite direction - the large hill in the background is Arthur's Seat beside where I live.



2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Quality pictures - I can finally get an image of your runs. 20 miles in wet conditions is good - it builds the character as well as the body.

Good luck with the taper. Don't get mad. And don't get sick.

5:40 pm  
Blogger edinburghrunner said...

Cheers Thomas. I was thinking about the illness thing too - been a while since I picked up a cold...

9:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home