Thursday, April 20, 2006

What a difference a day makes

Distance: 12 miles
Time: 1:34:30

Yesterday I was late home from work, had to pick up an undelivered package across town, generally felt tired and needed to get some essays finished. So I took the rest day I had planned for Friday a little earlier.

Tonight was JD training schedule quality session two - 12 miles broken down into: 3 miles easy, 6 miles of 5 min threshold and 30 mins easy, and 3 miles steady to finish up. I felt much stronger doing the threshold runs than I have done previously and it was only in the last 5 mins of the 6 miles that I felt my legs begin to burn a little. I knew I was running strongly compared with what I'd done previously in training at that sort of distance, and sure enough tonight's time is a full 5 minutes faster than I've done on that 12 mile route before. In fact, it was probably about the same pace or marginally faster than I did my half marathon of a month ago. After Sunday's debacle I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.

Next two days are easy mileage days, with Sunday planned as yet another 20 miler (please, no wind).

Its now less than 2 months to go until the marathon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home