Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Recovery miles

Distance: 3.5 miles

Today was my usual Tuesday run with a colleague from work - very easy and just getting the legs ticking over. Apart from a little general tiredness I had no reaction to yesterday's 20 miler, which is always a welcome phenomenon. I have a 12 mile part-threshold run scheduled for Thursday so tomorrow will be some more easy miles.

Another colleague informed me today that there is a 5k in Edinburgh in a week's time. I think I'll give this a go, although I'm not expecting too much from it as by then I'll have hopefully have had 4 consecutive 40+ mileage weeks and 4 consective weekly 20 mile long runs - OK, that's not exactly spectacular running stats in the grand scheme of things, but they're bound to be taking their toll on my relatively untrained legs. On the basis of my recent half marathon time, the Runnersworld website suggests I should be running at somewhere around 23:16 for a 5k, so I guess that's the target time taken care of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home