Sunday, April 09, 2006

20 miles

Distance: 20 miles
Time: 3:05 (ish)

A pleasant morning for a run today, and I managed another 20 miles at a deliberately easy pace. I'm not sure what my exact time was as I had temporarily abandon my run for an emergency toilet break. I'll spare people the details but this highlights one of the drawbacks of running running an out and back course at this sort of distance.

Overall I felt OK and I was able to run 9:15-9:30 splits very easily, and much more consistently than last week (when they were a bit up and down). I'm sure I could have picked up the tempo slightly if I 'd wanted, but I don't want to push too hard on such a long run. I was inevitably a little tired in the last couple of miles, but it doesn't help that they are uphill.

Some recover miles tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger [rich] said...

Well done :-) Glad it's going well - I'm sort of picking up now as well. I know what you mean about the 'getting caught short' theme - NOT GOOD :-(

5:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home