Monday, April 10, 2006

Recovery miles

Distance: 4.5 miles
Time: 36:30
Route: Arthur A

I had the rather surprising, and very welcome, experience of waking up today and having no aches or pains to suggest I'd run 20 miles yesterday. I was a little tired during the day, but nothing out of the ordinary, and very glad not to have the usual niggles I experience after running a very long run. I'm guessing the lack of soreness was down to the relative slowness of the run and the fact that I'd done an 18 miler, a half marathon race, and a 20 miler in the preceding three weeks, rather than my body having suddenly developed an ability to absorb long mileage punishment. Whatever, it made a pleasant change. Having said that, I now fully expect to wake up after my next long run in agony!

This evening was 4.5 miles done at a comfortable pace with not much to report other than that I felt OK. I may be tempted to run a threshold run tomorrow around one of my standard routes just to scratch the itch I have to stretch my legs.

2 Comments:

Blogger strewth said...

Thank you for your good wishes. Your running bodes well for a great marathon time. You're certainly doing the distances and good that there were no niggles after your long run.

11:13 am  
Blogger Mike said...

Good job on the 20 miles. It's nice to take it easy the next day, especially when your body doesn't force you to out of soreness!

11:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home