Friday, April 21, 2006

50 mile week

Distance: 6.5 miles
Time: 54:30

Tonight was an easy/steady 6.5 miles. My legs were a little tight after last night's threshold session, but I got pulled along by the huge number of people out running.

This past week goes down on record as my first ever 50+miles week. OK, its only a figure, but it is still nice to reach such a landmark. All things being well, next week will be roughly the same, and I might do a mini-taper the following week which would take me up to my scheduled 10k on 7 May.

Saturday - 4.5 miles
Sunday - 4 miles
Monday - 20 miles
Tuesday - 3.5 miles
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - 12 miles
Friday - 6.5 miles
Total - 50.5 miles

3 Comments:

Blogger [rich] said...

50 miles! the local running shops gonna love you :-) well done!

6:37 pm  
Blogger Beanie said...

congrats! i remember when I did my first (& I've only done a handful of them) 50 mile week. it really is an achievement =)

5:21 am  
Blogger John Nelson said...

Nice going. It's a satisfying accomplishment, one to savor. I just entered the Twin Cities Marathon and went looking for other like-minded bloggers.

1:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home