Friday, January 13, 2006

Back running

I've not completely shaken this bug but I did feel good enough to go out and run 'Arthur A' again. I ran the first three and a bit miles steady and put in a hard last mile, mainly because I was late home from work and was starving and wanted to back for some food! This is reflected in the splits although again the sportstracks splits don't match the Garmin. 36:53 is my fastest time on that route so far and I'll be interested to see how far I can pull that down when I do the route at a really hard pace.




I'd have to question the validity of the sportstracks second mile split as it is essentially uphill all the way and I was consciously trying not to push it too hard. The garmin has that split at just over 9 mins which is a bit more realistic I think. On that basis I think I'll just start using the splits from the Garmin as my default, although it is a bit of a pain working with two pieces of software.

I also need to work out how to present a graph of the elevation of the routes I have run. Edinburgh has been described as a city on a hill (which it essentially is) and although it is possible to go running on the flat, more often than not you end up hitting a hill somewhere along the way and some of them are bloody painfull. I am feeling the need to share that pain in the form of a graph....

Finally, I've entered a number of races of varying distances over the next nine months - a couple of 10ks, a couple of halfs and a couple of marathons. I had been toying with running a 10k in the next month or so but I think I'd rather get some miles under my belt and hit my first race confident of my stamina.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home