Sunday, January 08, 2006

10 miles (almost)

Distance: 9.76 miles
Time: 1:26:39

This morning I went for a slow 10-miler(ish) as I seek to gradually increase my Sunday long run. I ran the first 5 miles very easily and then upped the tempo slighlty on the way back, and this is reflected in the splits. Interestingly, the splits on my Garmin are slightly different from thos which are recorded when I upload the data to SportTracks, but they're not wildly different enough to get very excited about it. Overall I am quite content with the run, particularly coming the morning after a hard game of football.



The route is an extension of my 10k(ish) route. Basically from my flat, along the Portobello promenade and through through Musselburgh via its Promenade. There's a roadmap image below (you get a clearer picture if you click on the map).



To avoid provoking any complaints from my shins I'm considering having a rest day tomorrow, and hitting the gym instead.

1 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Gym sounds like a very good idea - some strength training never goes astray.

2:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home