Saturday, January 07, 2006

Victory

Today I didn't have a 'run' as such, but I played 90 minutes of competitive football which provides a different sort of fitness. In the past 18 months I have suffered two fractures, a recurrence of shin splints and a few other minor niggles so it was nice to get my second 90 minutes in the past 12 months under my belt. Just like my running, the road back to football fitness is going to be a long one I expect. Hopefully the two will be complementary. Actually, I managed about 60 decent minutes today and felt fatigued for the last 30 minutes, but I'd expected that to be the case.

It was also nice to win for a change - 6-0, admittedly against the bottom team in our league; but it is always nice to start the year with a victory. No major pains following the game, apart from a slight twist of the ankle, but I expect that will disappear overnight.

Tomorrow I plan to do a very slow (not much more than a jog) 10-miler as I begin the process of gradually extending my Sunday long run.

1 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Well done on the win. Hope the ankle is feeling better.

11:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home