Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Treadmill

Distance: 4 miles

It was pretty windy today and my gym membership is just about to expire, so I thought I'd have one last whirl on the treadmill. I haven't done a treadmill session in months and the pros and cons all came flooding back - music, TV screen, no wind, place to keep a drink vs boring, tedious, dull and hot.

The thing I'd forgotten about is how much I sweat when I crank up the pace on a treadmill. If I trundle along at an easy pace I don't get too hot, but boredom forces me to go faster and then I start to sweat - buckets. And I also chose today as the first time in ages to wear a cotton, non-wicking t-shirt - not a good combination.

Today should have been a relatively easy session but, because I hadn't been on the treadmill for so long, I couldn't resist on going through an old pyramid session (increasing pace 1km per hour per minute) to see how it felt. And it felt pretty easy compared with how it used to, which was no real surprise but I expect to feel a little tired during tomorrow's theshold session.

My knee is still a bit weird. No pain, just a fuzzy sensation which seems to have migrated from the outside of my right knee to the front of the knee. If it starts to get painfull I'll probably follow joggerblogger's advice and try an ice pack.

Hello to Brett who had the misfortune to run past me going round Arthur's Seat. I had been thinking about getting a new outift to run in but I'm comfortable with my hat, my gloves and my lightweight t-shirt - I wash them every day, honest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home