Thursday, May 25, 2006

12 miles

Distance: 12 miles
Time: 1:37:27

Tonight's run was was my usual Thursday threshold session - 3 miles easy, 6 miles of 5 minute threshold with 1 minute easy, and 3 miles easy to finish (although I think in reality the 3 miles were closer to steady than easy).

Tonight was another wind tunnel experience. One of the drawbacks about doing my long runs on an out and back route along the coast is that every so often I turn into an extremely strong headwind. I'm with Duncan on the wind - running is hard enough without nature making this worse. My 6 mile splits were 47 and 50 despite putting in more effort in the second half.

On the positive side I was able to keep pushing into the wind in the second half without feeling like I was going to blow up, which would not have been the case probably only a month or so ago. On the negative side, my knee was playing up a bit in the last few miles and is probably not far from developing into a full blown injury. So I suppose the sensible thing would be to take a couple of days off before enjoying an easy 2 week taper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home