Sunday, March 05, 2006

12 miles

Distance: 12 miles
Time: 1:39:30

Most of the snow has melted (in Edinburgh at least) so I ventured out for a semi-long run. Since today's Nairn 10k was cancelled I decided to do my 12 miles at a higher intensity than normal to make up for having missed the race. The Jack Daniel's programme called for an easy warm up, 2 10 minutes threshold runs with a couple of minutes easy in between and then an hour at easy pace. My pace for the last hour was steady rather than easy, and this is reflected in the time.

When I ran this route in mid-January my time was 1:54, but looking back at my notes and comparing times it seems pretty obvious I was still suffering from my cold at the time. 1:39:30 for 12 miles suggests that its going to be touch and go as to whether I break 1:45 for the half marathon in racing conditions.

Next Sunday is scheduled to be the Inverness half marathon and hopefully the weather won't interfere with this run. I'll have to try and find a 10k race to run at some point over the next month as I would like to set some sort of time to aim to beat in the future.

1 Comments:

Blogger [rich] said...

All sounds like hard work to me :-) keep it up and have a good run next weekend

11:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home