Friday, March 17, 2006

Tired

Distance: 6.5 miles
Time: 56:30

Tonight my legs felt tight and a little sore for the first time since I started running regularly again. I think this is as a result of a combination of last night's intervals and a number of quicker than normal runs during the week. So tonight was just an easy run which I was glad to get finished, particularly as it was cold and windy once more.

The soreness does come as a handy lesson in advance of next week's half marathon - I definitely don't want my legs feeling like they did today going into a race, so I will need to make sure the second half of next week's training is nice and easy.

Summary of the week:

Sunday (6 miles)
Monday (14 miles)
Tuesday (0 miles)
Wednesday (4.5 miles)
Thursday (6 miles)
Friday (6.5 miles)
Total: 37 miles

For Sunday I am planning a very slow 18 miler as I seek to extend my long run once more, and I expect to be running close to 40 miles next week, which would also represent a new high.

2 Comments:

Blogger strewth said...

Good luck with your half marathon. You are certainly putting in the kms. Good to discover your blog via cj's comments!

10:12 am  
Blogger CJ said...

Easy runs are also very important - running hard and fast all the time will only lead to burnout and injury. I'm assuming you are tapering leading into your half marathon next week?

10:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home