Wednesday, May 16, 2007

6 miles

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 49:40

Yesterday evening I did my 6 mile run on the canal in the Inverness - 3 miles out and 3 miles back. All of my running at the moment is steady miles to build a base, but I'm going to include some threshold miles in 1 run per week just to keep things fresh and to ensure that when I come to embark on my 10k specific training, the speedwork won't be a complete surprise. So, to start things off, I included 1 threshold mile last night. That doesn't sound like much (and it isn't) but its the first semi-fast thing I have done in a few months. I think it worked out close to 7:30 pace, and it was a bit of a struggle towards the end, but I am definitely feeling stronger than the last time I embarked on a base-building period. I am also trying to do some stretches to avoid a recurrence of my ITBS. There's been no symptoms so far, and I want to do everything I reasonably can to ensure it stays like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home